Notches produced with this equipment conform to BS.131 pt.1, DIN 50115, EN10 045-1 and most recognised standards.
The simplest accurate method for the production of Izod and Charpy notches.
All you need is the fixture, an appropriate broach, a suitable press and a couple of minutes.
• Suitable for ferrous and non-ferrous materials
• Common fixture accommodates 7 interchangeable broaches
• Can be used on any suitable arbor press.Marlco Press 6501BP is ideal
• Load requirement is only 180kg (400lb) on material with UTS of 1.2 kN/sq. mm (75 tons/sq. in.)
• Broach regrind service available
• Always use a suitable cutting oil for broaching
• Fixture Weight = 4kg
* The cut per tooth on broach number 6482-203B is higher than average due to the required notch depth.
If problems are experienced when notching higher tensile materials, then a set of 2 broaches is available as an alternative - broach set 6842-204B comprising first stage 6482-2041B and second stage 6482-2042B.